When selling a smartphone, it is always advisable to remove your Google account then do a factory reset. This ensures that your data does not fall into the wrong hands. However, this is not always possible to do this, especially when you lose your phone or if it is stolen. Fortunately, you have the option of disconnecting your Google account from your old phone remotely. In this article, let’s see some quick ways to sign out and delete google account from old android phone.
Sign out, delete Google account from Android phone
Did you forget to sign out of your Google Account from your old phone before selling it? If so, anyone with your Google account logged in can access your email and data in Google services. It can pose a serious threat to your privacy.
So what to do in this case? Well, don’t worry, Google gives you the option to log out or delete the account from any device remotely. Below, we have explained three of these methods in detail.
1. Delete Google account from old mobile phone
Are you currently using an Android phone? If so, it becomes quite easy to delete and disconnect your Google account from the old phone. Just follow the steps below:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and select Google. If you have more than one account, select the one signed in on the old phone.
- Click on Manage your Google account at the top.
- Now swipe left to access the security tongue.
- Scroll down to “Your devices” and click Manage devices.
- Here you will see all the devices where your Google account is currently logged in.
- To remove your account from a device, tap the three points next to that.
- Click on Logout.
This will cause the Google account to be logged out and deleted from the device. The phone will no longer have access to your Google account.
2. Delete the Google account from the old phone on the computer
If you don’t have an Android phone, you can follow the same procedure on your computer, iPhone, or iPad. All you need to do is open the browser and visit the Google Account dashboard to disconnect the phone from your account, as follows:
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Visit the Google MyAccount dashboard.
- To select security in the sidebar on the left.
- Scroll down and click Manage devices under “Your devices”. It will show you all the devices that the account is currently logged in to.
- Press the three points next to the device from which you want to delete your account.
- Click on Logout, and you are good to go.
3. Erase the phone using Find my device
The other option is to wipe the phone remotely through Google’s Find My Phone service. This can be useful if you’ve lost or misplaced your phone and it’s still signed in to your Google Account and connected to the internet.
Once you wipe the device remotely, it will delete all of its data including photos, contacts, files and other data. This will also remove your Google account from the phone.. You will no longer be able to use the Find My Phone features for this phone after you delete it.
Via the Find my device app
- Install the Google Find My Device app on your phone.
- Please open it and sign in with your Google account.
- Select the old phone from the bar at the top.
- Click on Delete device.
Via Find My Device Web
- Open your browser and visit android.com/find.
- Sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Select your old phone whose account you want to disconnect.
- Click on Delete device and confirm the follow-up prompts.
It was about how to sign out and delete your Google account from an old Android phone. As you have seen, it is quite easy and can be done with a few clicks. So, if you forgot to sign out of a device, you can disconnect it remotely through your phone or computer. Hope this helps you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you still have any doubts or questions.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.