Your Android phone says “android.process.acore has stopped“every now and then? Well, this is a very common problem on Android where you may get constant pop-up messages saying” Unfortunately the android.process.acore process has stopped. “
This usually happens while scrolling through contacts or trying to place a call. The pop-up window temporarily disappears after pressing OK, but it keeps coming back. This can be very annoying, especially if you don’t know the cause of the problem.
In this article, let’s take a look at eight easy ways to fix android.process.acore process stopped error on Android. Besides, we have also mentioned the reasons for the problem.
Fixed the error “Unfortunately, the android.process.acore process has stopped”
The android.process.acore process has stopped error usually occurs when there is an issue with your contact’s cached data on the device. You may encounter it after updating your phone or due to a temporary issue in the syncing process. Also, this is more likely to happen on phones running older versions of Android.
Below I have mentioned some quick troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix this issue on your phone. But before you start, make sure to back up all the data on your phone so that you don’t lose any important information.
1. Update apps, restart your phone
Start by updating the apps on your phone from the Google Play Store. In particular, make sure that you have updated your device’s contacts, phone, and other system apps. Once you have installed the latest versions of all apps, restart your phone.
This should fix any temporary issues or issues. However, if that doesn’t resolve the issue, then proceed with the other methods below.
2. Turn off sync for Facebook
Sometimes the error android.process.acore has stopped may be due to sync issues with Facebook. So, try to stop syncing for Facebook and other related apps like Facebook Messenger. Do this:
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- To go to the Accounts section.
- Here click on Facebook > Account sync and turn it off.
- Likewise, press Messenger > Account sync and turn it off.
Now restart your phone and use it normally to see if the pop-up message reappears. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook and Messenger app on your phone.
3. Delete and add your Google account
The other option is to delete and re-add your Google account. This will fix any issues with contacts and Google account on your phone that may be causing it.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to Accounts and tap your Google account.
- Then click on Delete account.
- If you have more than one Google Account, delete them in the same way.
- When done, restart your phone and add all accounts again.
4. Reset app preferences, check disabled apps
Sometimes, disabling an important system app may cause some functionality of your phone to break, causing android.process.acore pop-up to stop appearing over and over again. So, check all the disabled apps.
A simpler solution would be to reset app preferences. It will erase all default app settings, enable disabled apps, and reset app permissions to default.
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Go to Apps and notifications > See all applications.
- Tap the three-dot menu.
- Click on Reset app preferences.
- Tap Reset apps to confirm.
5. Clear data for contacts and contact storage
Deleting data for Contacts, Contacts Storage, and Google Contacts Sync will reset those apps, eliminating associated bugs or cache data issues.
Below is how you can do this on your phone, but before you proceed, make sure to back up your contacts (here’s how you can backup contacts to any android phone).
- Open settings on your phone.
- Go to Apps and notifications > See all applications.
- Tap the menu and activate Show system apps.
- Look for “Contacts”, “Contact storage” and “Google Contacts Sync” applications.
- Tap each of them one by one, select Storage, and click Clear storage.
6. Clear system cache partition
Wiping your phone’s cache partition can help troubleshoot issues on the device, including issues and random errors. This will delete all temporary or corrupted data on the phone. However, make sure to follow the steps carefully and keep your data backed up if you accidentally format the phone.
- Switch off your phone.
- Now hold down Power + Lower the volume button simultaneously. The key combination may be different on your phone. Check it out on Google by searching for “How to open the recovery menu on
- When you press and hold the right key combination, your phone boots into recovery mode.
- Use the volume keys to access Clear cache partition.
- Press the power button to select and reset the cache partition.
To note: Make sure to wipe only the cache partition and not the entire phone; otherwise, you will lose all data. If you press the wrong key combination by mistake and boot into download mode instead of the recovery menu, long press the power button.
7. Update your phone software
Manufacturers regularly update their phones to add new features and fix intermittent bugs and issues. So check if there are any updates available on your device as follows:
- Open your phone Settings.
- Go to About the device.
- Here click on Software update and check for updates.
- On some phones, the option might be in the Systems tongue.
- If an update is available, install it on the device.
8. Perform a factory reset
The last option to fix “Unfortunately, the android.process.acore process has stopped” error on Android is to perform a factory reset. This will erase all data and reset your phone to factory default settings.
- Open Settings and go to Backup and reset.
- Here click on Factory data reset.
- Tap Clear all data.
- Confirm when prompted.
Your phone will now start to erase all data. It will take about 1-5 minutes, after which the device will restart automatically.
Conclusion of process (solved) Android Acore has stopped
Here are some common ways to fix android.process.acore process which has stopped working on Android phones. Hope this helps you get rid of annoying pop-up problem on your phone. Let me know what worked in your case. Also indicate if another troubleshooting method helped you resolve the issue.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.