As Mother’s Day approachesI have received several husbands inquiries from a few readers for gift ideas for mom when regular chocolate just doesn’t cut it anymore.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the things I would like to get (hint-hint honey) and feel free to add your favorites in the comments! Some of these gifts are definitely not your typical gifts, but the ones that will help mom be healthy and happy.
I also recently found and love a service called Forgetsy that lets you plan ahead and ship cards for every occasion. I use it for family, friends and employees and love its convenience. Use code WELLNESS10 to save $ 10 here.
Gifts for Mother’s Day (she won’t just pretend to love)
How do you get a gift for the person who gave birth to you, cooked food for all your childhood and stayed by your side during teething / tantrums / drama with friends / dating and all the rest? childhood challenges?
You probably can’t find a gift that says “thank you for all you’ve done for me,” but I’ve compiled a list of gifts that Mom can use and enjoy. These are gifts that I would give to my own mother or that I would love to receive from my children.
Of course, nothing beats a sincere letter or handmade gift, but if you’ve already covered, here’s a list of other ideas she’ll love!
- Treatment Annmarie Gianni – I love Annmarie skincare products and their cleanliness and efficiency! Their Clean Beauty Trial includes an anti-aging cleanser and serum that leaves your skin feeling refreshed and toned! Give the special mom in your life an amazing experience (and a prize!).
- Wine subscription – The secret of a happy mother? Wine at the door! Just kidding of course (sort of) but if mom is a wine lover, it’s the gift that keeps on giving. I especially like the one from Dry Farms because I never get a headache like I used to, even with a regular glass of wine. It is organic, low in sugar and free from any unhealthy additives.
- Royally Flawless Facial Moisturizer – An incredible face oil with the highest quality ingredients and no junk! My mom loves this stuff and it’s the only one I can use without having a blast. I have been using it for years!
- Wellnesse natural hair care / toothpaste – I’ve created my own line of personal care products this year to make mom feel super pampered (and safe for the whole family!). Best of all, these formulas nourish hair and remineralize teeth with beneficial, scientific natural ingredients.
- Solo smoke-free outdoor fireplace – This stylish freestanding fireplace is one of the Wellness Mama team favorites this year. It burns natural wood, gives off the perfect amount of heat, and keeps irritating smoke away! Great for outdoor entertainment, we all do so much these days.
- Café Four Sigmatic – I guarantee you she wanted to try it, and Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse to splurge. Also makes a great “Happy Mother’s Day to Me” gift! 🙂 If she doesn’t like mushroom coffee, try a bag of Purity Coffee. I often mix the two.
- New cookware – We are all cooking at home more than ever. I know that using my beautiful set of Caraway non-toxic cookware gives me joy every day! I also like this cookware from us, and the code WELLNESSMAMA gives $ 10 off. (Can’t you decide? See my full kitchenware review here.)
- Membership of Real Plans – I love this meal planning service that lets me plan our meals each week in minutes and shop in half the time. Give Mom some time by saving her time on meal planning and preparation (and even better, plan and shop for her for a few weeks!)
- Amazon Prime membership – Get 2-day free shipping on many items, plus free streaming music and movies, and now unlimited photo storage.
- A thriving market membership – In these days when more of us rely on grocery delivery, a Thrive Market subscription gives mom access to the best quality organic groceries and beauty products at the best prices. Take a look at my Thrive Market shopping list here.
- Myobuddy masseur – An amazing portable massager that rivals what chiropractors use in the office (in fact, some do). This percussion massager heats, vibrates and feels like a real massage. Mostly a great gift for breastfeeding which can be so hard on the neck, shoulders and back. Use the code WELLNESSMAMA for special discounts!
- Shiatsu massage pillow – I received this as a gift and I love it! It rivals an actual massage and I use it all the time after long days of cooking and holding babies.
- Daily Harvest Smoothie Box – These real food smoothies are super filling and delicious. These are my quick snack or my treat just for me. All you need is a freezer and a blender. The gift box option also allows the recipient to choose the varieties, so you don’t have to guess what they’d like!
- Hydroflask water bottle – These steel bottles are cute and really functional! They keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12 hours. Clearly filtered also manufactures similar bottles but with a built-in filter for on-the-go.
- RTIC cup – This one works as well as the expensive Yeti and I use mine all the time. Ideal for coffee, smoothies and water.
- Light sweet wake-up call – Waking up can stink, especially after a long night spent with little ones. Wake up gently to progressive light and sound with this wake-up light.
- Himalayan salt lamp – Soothing warm orange glow at night from these beautiful lamps.
- Blue Blocker Glasses – I wear them after dark to sleep better (some studies show that avoiding blue light after dark helps melatonin levels).
- Sleep Master Sleep Mask – A really comfortable sleep mask! Ideal for travel or at home.
- 10000 Lux Happy Light – I use this super bright light in the morning to keep my cortisol levels healthy.
- Whatever Le Creuset – Incredible (but expensive) dishes. I have collected a few pieces over the years and have resisted the urge to buy them all!
- Dry brush set – Brushing is not just about hair and teeth. Brushing the skin can help keep it smooth, supple, and can improve collagen. It also feels great and is super relaxing.
- French press coffee maker – Coffee is my reason some days. If the mom in your life is the same, help her ditch the toxic plastic coffee maker with a glass French press or one of those non-toxic coffee makers.
- Instant pot – Revolutionize dinner! This electric pressure cooker roasts in about an hour and turns tough cuts of meat into deliciously tender dishes.
- Kokomo Cream organic deodorant – This natural deodorant smells of the tropics and lasts for months.
- The Wellness Mama cookbook or Wellness Mama’s 5-step lifestyle detox – Ok, I’m biased, but my cookbook is filled with two hundred delicious real food recipes our family love (and I know yours too!).
- Tiki Torch Wine Bottle – Evolve old wine bottles with these adorable tiki torch kits.
- Sauna – While we are dreaming, how about a sauna? A soundproof house, far from anything that will also improve your health !? She will thank you for years! I also like that sauna staff and I have used it for years in my bedroom.
- Clean water and more – Our friends at Radiant Life have so many high quality products that I couldn’t live without. Moms often worry about the health of their families. Our Radiant Life water filter was one of my favorite gifts.
- Plant therapy essential oils are offered in beautiful gift boxes for Mother’s Day (choose from several). I also can’t get enough of their natural Himalayan salt exfoliators, body creams, and boxes of butter and body balm.
- Sundays Nail Polish – Pick a few fun colors and have a girls spa night out. fun manicure set.
- CAR.OL bike – Offer fitness! I shared the CAR.OL bike during a podcast interview with co-founder Ratna several months ago and many of you loved this bike and this way of exercising. The promo code WELLNESSMAMA offers $ 300 off a bike and a one-year subscription for free!
- Heat Healer sauna blanket – We all know about the many benefits of using the sauna and have found this sauna blanket to be a great option for those who are short on space and / or need to find a budget sauna. Simply unfold it, plug it in and relax in the blanket while you watch TV or listen to music or a Podcast.
If timely shipping is a problem, no worries, slip a photo of the gift into a box or card and Mom will have something to look forward to!
Bottom Line: Show mom lots of love!
I’m not always a Hallmark Holiday fan, but moms give so much day in and day out (pregnancy and childbirth just to begin with!) And definitely deserve to be celebrated. Show mom a little (or a lot) of extra love and care this Mother’s Day and every day… hope some of these ideas help!
What were your favorite gifts for Mother’s Day? Please share below!