This is huge: the House of Representatives has removed extremist Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committee appointments!
MoveOn members have signed petitions, called their members of Congress, rallied and more to demand that Representative Greene be held accountable for her vile views that school shootings are bogus and encourage violence against her. colleagues.
But nearly all Republicans voted against the move, proving once again that they are facilitators of Representative Greene, Donald Trump and the Betrayal Caucus who participated in the attack on our democracy.
The Republican Treason Caucus has no chance to rewrite history. Just hours after Capitol Hill was violated, vandalized and sacked by thousands of white supremacist rioters, 147 Republicans have yet to vote against certification of the election.
But we don’t let them get away with it. Here’s how the members of MoveOn fought against these Republicans:
- MoveOn members helped fund digital ads targeting Josh Hawley (R-MO), Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Ron Johnson (R-WI) and taking over the websites of major newspapers in their states-The Kansas City Star, Houston Chronicle, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, respectively – including quotes from two of the newspaper editorial boards calling for senators to resign.
- Over 700,000 MoveOn members have signed petitions call for accountability from Republicans, including Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Roger Marshall – including calls to expel them, investigate them, demand that they resign and strip them of their committee assignments .
- MoveOn members joined Voto Latino simultaneously deliver the petition calling on Ted Cruz to resign from his offices in Austin, Houston, Dallas and Washington, DC Check Out Live Streaming Events Here and the full page ad we released together in the Dallas Morning News to amplify the need for Senator Cruz to resign.
- More than 400,000 MoveOn members have signed a petition launched by RuralOrganizing.org demanding Republican leaders take action to remove Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene of the House Education and Labor Committee. Yesterday, MoveOn led mobile billboard in District Minority House Leader Kevin McCarthy, calling him, him and the whole GOP, because their refusal to hold her accountable is support for her extremist and disqualifying views, and the event was covered up on local subsidiaries ABC, CBS and NBC. Our County of Revolution Kern teamed up to hold a notice board rally and handed the petitions to Representative McCarthy.
- And finally, thousands of MoveOn members called on the GOP Treason Caucus members, demanding they step down for openly promoting the insurgency. Thousands of others have also called on Democratic members of Congress, asking them to expel anyone who voted against the certification of the election.
Together, with millions of MoveOn members taking action across the country, we will hold these undemocratic Republicans accountable for their attempt to undermine and harm our democracy.
As the Senate prepares for an impeachment trial to hold the chief sedition accountable for inciting the riot, we will not forget the 147 who actively supported it. The eight senators who voted to overturn the election results should be judged by his side.
The Betrayal Caucus still has the power – so we can’t give up just yet. Senate Democrats must remove the filibuster to ensure that a single Republican cannot support essential legislation like COVID relief or democracy reform. House Democrats must go further and kick Marjorie Taylor Greene from office because of her extreme views and support for the murderous insurgency and violence against elected leaders.
Thanks for everything you do.